Thursday, January 24, 2008

INTERVIEW --Peron F. Long author of "Pulpit Confessions"

MEET Peron F. Long,
author of Pulpit Confessions


"This book is definitely a page turner. I finished it in one day. Long after you finish, you'll be wishing for more. Kudos to Peron for a job well done. Looking forward to his next book." See more reviews at Amazon.com

Tamara Grant: When did you first know that you wanted to publish a book?

Peron: I can remember as far back as 3rd grade after reading the first book of “The Fudge Series” by Judy Blume, saying to myself that I wanted to become an author. From what I’ve been told I that I began to teach myself to read and write at age 4 and began writing full paragraphs and stories at 6.

Tamara Grant: Your first published book was If It Ain't Right It's Wrong. How did your journey with that publishing process differ from your journey with your current publisher XYP (Xpress Yourself Publishing)?

Peron: My first publisher basically did only one thing, publish my book. With XYP, the experience has been more like being embraced as a member of a family. The guidance and freedom given has been unexplainable.

Tamara Grant: Give us a summary of your current book Pulpit Confessions.

Peron: “Pulpit Confessions” is the story of Raymond Sr., Ruth, Raymond Jr., Katherine and Anthony Miller, the leaders of The Spiritual Dynasty God's Deliverance Ministries. For the past thirty years, God's Deliverance has become a powerful spiritually based organization well known throughout the world. Bishop Raymond Miller Jr., his wife Katherine, along with his mother Ruth, younger brother Anthony and father Raymond Sr., who now suffers from dementia, are seen by the world as God's chosen family. But there are secrets within this family that could eventually destroy them all.

When Katherine becomes tired of her lonely nights without Raymond Jr. to provide the love and physical desires she craves, she finds herself attracted to Kevin Taylor, a coach at the school where she is the principal. After discovering that Raymond Jr. has been having an affair for the past two years with his assistant, JanaƩ Young, who is also the faux girlfriend to younger brother Anthony, her desires to be with Kevin becomes a reality.
When JanaƩ becomes pregnant, Raymond, who was encouraged by his mother Ruth, asks Anthony to marry her. Although Anthony has a secret attraction towards her, he reluctantly accepts Raymond's request.

This is a story of family deceit that leads to corruption and murder, and one person's plot to take complete control. All Hell will definitely break loose, when Bishop Raymond Miller Jr.'s Pulpit Confessions are revealed.

Tamara Grant: What gives you inspiration for your storylines?

Peron: Very good question, yet I have no definite answer…LOL….To be honest sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night and a storyline will hit me. It could be one word from a conversation that strikes something in my head. One of the current projects I’m working on came from a group counseling session at work. 5. Do you work another job, or is writing a full time career for you?

Writing is my fulltime career until I wake up and mosey my way down to the plantation Lol….I am a counselor at a facility for juvenile sex offenders. 6. What lessons have you learned about the literary business?

Whew! That could actually be a book within itself. There are so many lessons that I’ve learned from different perspectives over the past 4 years. I guess the most important thing is embracing patience. There were some things that happened quickly for me, yet there were others that seemed to take forever. There were times where I wanted to give up but there was always something inside tugging at me to continue on my journey.

Tamara Grant: What would you like people to know about you as a writer?

Peron: I would like for people to know that I write to not only entertain but to also enlighten readers on many of the sociological issues that we deal with on a daily basis. Okay, here's the fun part. 10 questions about you!
1. Hometown? Rock Hill, S.C.
2. Favorite Color? Brown
3. What do you like to do in your free time? I think I’ve forgotten what free time is, LOL…But I do read when I can and watch as much Football as I can…LOL….
4. Favorite Author? Langston Hughes
5. Who is your greatest inspiration? Paul Long, Sr (My father)
6. Most inspiring quote you've ever heard? “But What Is Today, But The Tomorrow That Will Soon Be Yesterday”
7. Favorite food? Anything Pasta
8. The first thing you do in the morning when you wake up? Thank God For giving me another day to get this thing called “Life” right, then I make my coffee…
9. Two quirky things about you- I wear long-sleeve shirts year round
I Save EVERYTHING….I Still have Right-On! Magazines from 1985 LOL
10. Your biggest accomplishment? My biggest accomplishment is obtaining and maintaining endurance. Often times obstacles can prevent us from moving towards our dreams, however if we continue to persevere we will eventually discover our blessings.

Tamara Grant: What else would you like the readers to know Peron?

Peron: I have a genuine love for people. Anything I can do to help others I will do my best to make it happen.

Heres author, Peron F. Long's contact information:
http://www.peronflong.com/
www.myspace.com/lilsouthernboy36
email: peron1@peronflong.com


Pulpit Confessions can be found In Stores everywhere or online @
http://www.xpressyourselfpublishing.org/
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/
http://www.amazon.com/

No comments: